Home Breaking Two-storey home gutted by fire south of Rockingham

Two-storey home gutted by fire south of Rockingham

Emergency services rushed to a large house fire in Waikiki on Monday.

Firefighters were called to a Frigate Close property just after 7pm.

Crews from Rockingham arrived to find the two-storey house fully engulfed by fire.

Flames were seen billowing out of the windows before the roof collapsed.

A woman and girl managed to escape the home uninjured.

It took firefighters an hour to get the blaze under control while protecting neighbouring homes.

The fire is believed to have started from a candle in an upstairs bedroom, with the damage bill estimated to be more than $400,000.