Home Local News Breaking: Missing Coodanup man Peter Woods located

Breaking: Missing Coodanup man Peter Woods located

UPDATE:

Missing 66-year-old Coodanup man Peter Woods was found alive after being missing for more than five days.

He was located by Mandurah Detectives with the help of the community in Greenfields about 2:45pm on Sunday.

The grandfather was taken to Peel Health Campus for medical assessment where he will be reunited with his wife, daughter and family members.   

Mr Woods was missing for six days which resulted in a two day large scale search involving more than 40 police and State Emergency Service Volunteers.

Previous:

The search effort for missing 66-year-old Coodanup man Peter Woods continued into its second day on Saturday, but its unlikely to resume based on what little information authorities have.

More than 40 police and State Emergency Service volunteers spent the day searching areas along the Serpentine River in and the estuary near Coodanup.

It’s understood Mr Woods has not been seen or heard of since he left his home about 9:30pm on Monday April 27.

Mandurah officer in charge senior sergeant Rob Lewis said several assets were involved in the search, including Water Police and the Air Wing.

“Mr Woods does require medication and his family and police hold concerns for his welfare,” Senior Sargent Rob Lewis said.

“We have utilised assets from water police, from police airwing, also with SES to go and search bushland and around points of interest along the river where Mr Woods was known to frequent.

“The search commenced yesterday afternoon, and it is continuing again today.”

The search efforts on Friday, went well into the night as Mandurah Police, State Emergency Service volunteers, Water Police, the Canine Unit and the Police Air Wing worked to try and locate Mr Woods.

Search teams set up a control centre at the Mandurah Police Station with several emergency vehicles and tents based in the car park.

Mandurah officer in charge senior sergeant Rob Lewis.

Senior sergeant Rob Lewis said the search effort would be reviewed on Saturday afternoon, and urged the local community to check their CCTV and dashcam vision for around the time Mr Woods was last seen.

“We will review the search today and then we will make a decision based upon that determination and information that we do have from the public,” the senior sergeant said.

A source told Skeer Media the search had been called off as of 5pm on Saturday and was unlikely to resume based on what little information authorities had.

It’s understood the search won’t resume until any new evidence comes to light.