Detectives have charged a man after a crime spree of violent burglaries and car thefts through Perth’s southern suburbs.
Yesterday, detectives arrested the man during a vehicle stop on the Kwinana Freeway and he was taken into custody.
Police alleged the man was involved in seven incidents across the suburbs of Wellard, Secret Harbour, Greenfields, Dudley Park, Mandurah, Baldivis and Karawara in June 2019.
The man allegedly threatened members of the public, stole various vehicles and personal items while being armed.
Skeer Media broke the news and was there as police recovered a stolen Toyota Hilux after it was dumped into the canals of Dudley Park after the night of violence.
Officers further alleged he had recently committed violent family acts.
The 30-year-old man from Hammond Park has been charged with:
• Six counts of Aggravated Home Burglary and Commit;
• Six counts of Steal Motor Vehicle;
• Three counts of Aggravated Armed Robbery;
• Two counts of Stealing:
• One count of Aggravated Robbery;
• One count of Aggravated Home Burglary with Intent;
• One count Aggravated Assault Occasioning Bodily Harm; and
• One count of Impeded Another Person’s Normal Breathing or Blood Circulation by Applying Pressure to Neck.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information regarding these incidents is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or report online at http://www.crimestopperswa.com.au