Police K9 team help find driver in Baldivis bushland
A 20-year-old man has been arrested after an alleged high-speed pursuit through Mandurah, ended in a foot chase in Baldivis bushland overnight.
Just after midnight on Sunday, police intercepted a Holden Commodore sedan allegedly driving in an erratic manner along Lake Valley Drive in Lakelands.
Latest Skeer Media news:
- Car crashes into Cooloongup medical centre, woman taken to hospital
- South Yunderup home destroyed by fire, crews use boat to battle blaze
The chase continued throughout several suburbs before the driver abandoned the car along Camelot Street in Baldivis.
The driver’s three passengers remained in the car as he ran off.
Police Dog Faustus was deployed and he tracked the driver to his hiding place behind bushes.
The accused man, who has no fixed address, will face a string of charges in the Perth Magistrates Court on March 3.
The charges include:
- Failing to comply with direction to stop (in circumstance of aggravation).
- Reckless driving to escape pursuit by police.
- No authority to drive.
- Possess of cannabis.
- Possess of methylamphetamine.
- Possess a prohibited weapon.
Follow Tex Reeks on Twitter via @texreeks.