A Bushfire emergency warning remains in place for Shady Hills Estate in Bullsbrook, the south western part of Gidgegannup and Walyunga National Park in the City of Swan.
The bushfire Emergency Warning has been issued for people the vicinity of Shady Hills Estate south of Smith Road in Bullsbrook the vicinity of Ewing Road and O’Brien Road in south west Gidgegannup and the Walyunga National Park.
- You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
- Home are under threat in Shady Hills Estate.
- The fire started near the intersection of Taylor Road and Jilcrai Road I’m Bullsbrook.
What to do:
- If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
- Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
- If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected.
- If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
- If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
- If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
- The Department for Communites has set up a temporary evacuation centre at Altone Park, 332 Benara Road, Beechboro.
- Be aware that only essential items can be taken into these centres.
- Alcohol and pets, except guide and assistance dogs, are prohibited.
- Horses can be taken to the State Equestrian Centre Pony Club. Please contact the caretaker on 0437 650 423 for further information
Place of last resort:
- If you cannot shelter in your home, a safer place you can go to is a local open space, beach, shed, swimming pool, dam or building.
- This may give you some protection from the effects of a bushfire.
- Take water, woollen blankets and wear protective clothing.
The safest route is via Taylor Road, left on Smith Road, left on Chittering Road to Great Northern Highway.
Road closures and conditions:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
Vehicle control points have been established at the following intersections:
- TAYLOR ROAD and CLARKSON ROAD
- TAYLOR ROAD and FOALING RIDGE
- EWING ROAD and CLENTON ROAD
Vehicles will not be granted access to the area.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF SWAN.
Park Closures :
The WALYUNGA NATIONAL PARK is now closed.
For more information on park closures visit
Firefighters were called to the the fire about 1:18pm on Monday.
The blaze has burnt more than 83 hectares.
Drones and arial support:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or listen to news bulletins.