Home Local News Golf carts damaged in Mandurah Country Club shed fire

Golf carts damaged in Mandurah Country Club shed fire

Vision: Tex Reeks/Skeer Media

Golf carts have been destroyed after a shed blaze at the Mandurah Country Club yesterday. 

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) received a triple zero call that a shed, used to store the clubs golf carts, had caught fire on Marsh Place in Halls Head at 4:29pm. 

Black smoke could be seen billowing into the air and loud pops could be heard as tyres exploded. 

It took firefighters from Mandurah, Falcon and Rockingham about 25 minutes to extinguish the blaze. 

DFES says they understand the fire was caused by a battery charger.

A number of golf carts were destroyed and significant damage was caused to the shed. 

The cost of the damage is unknown.